I know nothing about surfing, but I am still completely absorbed by the imagery associated with it. Everything from the photography, cine film and movie posters from the era are totally captivating. All of this is documented in the fantastic new book ‘The Book of Surfing’ by Michael Fordham. Documenting everything from ‘The Ride’ to ‘The Vision’ and ‘Surf Legends’ to ‘Surf Culture’ this well designed book has got it all.
Pictured is Montgomery ‘Buttons’ Kaluhiokalani shot by the legendary photographer Jeff Divine. As referenced in the book Divine’s photos of this period are era-defining documents.
- Kyle Platts illustrates the five top tips he’s picked up in 2017
- La La Land or Moonlight: a recap of February 2017
- 2017: the year that protest became a trend?
- Trump's inauguration and a design census: a look back at January 2017
- Time for type: Camelot on designing a typeface fit for a watch
- Gal-dem takes us through its first print issue, written and created by women of colour
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Renowned graphic designer Ivan Chermayeff has died aged 85
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Marina Lewandowska’s graduation project shows graphic design flair and function
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Working Not Working charts the top 50 companies creatives want to work for