Originally guest posted by Jim Stoten
Firstly, I have to show you this guy who I have just discovered recently when I went to see an exhibition of his work. He is Sol Lewitt. Unfortunately, he died not so long ago but he left behind the most amazing body of work. The whole show was totally reconstructed by a team of young artists who took Lewitt’s formula for how to make the work, and followed them to the letter. Its the best thing I have seen in ages. Do some research into Sol Lewitt.
I also, just quickly want to show you the best place to buy amazing zines, t-shirts and other stuff when they have it. Its a set up called FAMILY. i think they are based in L.A. I have been a fan of this place for a while now, and whenever I go to their site, i always buy something.
- R Kikuo Johnson on the importance of narrative in his illustrations
- Miguel Pang’s hand-drawn approach adds texture and depth to his illustrations
- Córdova Canillas commission photographers to create a spot the difference illusion for Tunica
- Pictoplasma New York showed how character design can spread joy and important messages
- Lalita Lupina animates the inner turmoil and anxiety felt at an indoor swimming pool
- Meet illustrator Inji Seo's cast of curvy characters
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner