THIS IS Studio, Established in 2006, was set-up by Barney Beech, Richard Barnett and Dougal Burgess. Essentially graphic designers, we create work that sits across a wide range of platforms from Moving image to print. In the last 2 and a bit years we have made all sorts of nice things, argued alot and worked for a great range of design conscious clients, from Victoria and Albert Museum to MUSE.
We have lots of fun things to show you this week. To get things rolling here is 2/3 of a series of offset litho prints from an exhibition at Dazed and Confused. The show was to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Dr Duncan MacDougall’s infamous experiment: He claimed to have found that the human soul weighs 21 grams. The posters account the various reactions and triggers to 21 grams of
forgotten matter from our studio floor: the inherent soul of our studio. Deep.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum