For a special Bank Holiday A Week On Monday we sat down with Mike Radcliffe, founder of top design recruitment agency Represent and longtime supporters of our Graduates programme. Having just turned ten, Represent continues to go from strength to strength but we wanted to find out a bit more about the man behind the success…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
I always feel loads better after eating porridge for breakfast, it’s slow release energy. Add some berries and flax seed then you’ve got a perfect start. Also do some exercise – it’s hard getting going but the day feels so much better after you’ve pumped a bit of life into your blood.
What song will you be listening to most this week?
Justin Timberlake’s Take Back The Night. He is doing a great social media campaign right now, just take your photograph having a good night out and share on his site with #takebacktn.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
How Kiwi fruits can help you sleep better. Just have a couple before you go to sleep.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
Tough call, probably keep it simple and see my old friend Patrick and go for Thai food.
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
Offer accepted on a flat we’re trying to buy at the moment.
- Malika Favre talks about studying engineering, her first job and tight deadlines from The New Yorker
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs their mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner