Now now Monday, you’ve had your fun. Here to whip us into early week readiness is Tony Brook of Spin and Unit Editions, who is leo one of the stellar line-up of speakers at this year’s AGI Open which takes place at the end of this month. But rather than quiz him about the event which features the likes of Peter Saville, Margaret Calvert, Michael Bierut and Paula Scher we’re talking police shootings, Bran Flakes and saki-inspired design debate (obvs). Take it away Tony…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
A long hot shower whilst singing a happy song (September by Earth Wind and Fire, perhaps) and strong black coffee, in that order.
What song will you be listening to most this week?
I’m in a dancing mood – Dennis Brown.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
The weirdest thing was the 107 year old getting shot by the police in the USA – only in America. The biggest relief was seeing the AGI Open programme online at last – we just put it up. The best was I snatched a few pages of a very funny PG Wodehouse book I’m reading over my Bran Flakes.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week…
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
Wim Crouwel and Jan Van Toorn reliving their famous debate over a glass or two of saki at Tsunami in Clapham. Crazy eh!
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
The latest Christie’s Magazine – with its newly designed grid – finished and sent to print.
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled