What’s the alchemy that goes into making a really great advert? We know it’s a combination of ideas, creativity, execution, relevance and impact but how can you really know if something’s going to be a hit? Well creative studio A Very Successful Business (aka Adam Morley and Dulcie Cowling) have got round this uncertainty by producing a set of Very Successful Adverts so you know they’re going to be good.
Promoting some of the lesser-heralded foodstuffs we know and love – think leeks, mustard and particularly cress – as well as weird deals for rhyming groceries and witches, these are very surreal, very silly and very, very funny. Somewhere out there the Cress Advisory Council must be thanking their lucky stars…
- Andrew Onorato’s surreal short about a genie and his eggy housemates
- Parts of the Process — Gucci suits, puppies and blue-iced cupcakes: Behind the scenes of Us’ music video for Harry Styles
- Eike König’s students create a courageous calendar featuring a host of exciting illustrative talent
- How can we build “feel good” cities?
- Dani Pujalte captures Spain's immense cultural centres suffering from a lack of use
- Photographer Irina Rozovsky on how she captures considered moments across the globe
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Renowned graphic designer Ivan Chermayeff has died aged 85
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Marina Lewandowska’s graduation project shows graphic design flair and function
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Working Not Working charts the top 50 companies creatives want to work for