Proving that there’s a lot, like a lot, of money to be made from manufacturing laptops which can make you look 2% cooler than you actually are, as you sit in a coffee shop aimlessly wandering around the internet, the Guardian have reported that Apple have become the world’s first ever trillion dollar company.
Think about that for a second: Apple is worth one trillion dollars. A trillion. That’s a million million dollars. Share prices rose today, which pushed the tech giants over the threshold, with strong global growth and better-than-expected sales helping things along.
Somewhere in a plush hillside mansion, Jony Ive is possibly about to dive headfirst into a swimming pool full of hundred dollar bills, like a tech-savvy Scrooge McDuck. And he is going to personally thank all of you, every single iPhone user on earth, all 700 million of you. Possibly.
- Yuri Suzuki on how the key design tool is always communication
- Anna Sullivan creates a look back at the fascinating tradition of stilt walking shepherds
- Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared to debut at Sundance Film Festival
- Director Angela Stephenson documents Manila's defiance for creative freedom in the narco-state
- Friday Mixtape: Anthony Naples takes us from the party to the after party
- Yung Hua Chen’s photography is effortlessly glamorous
- Alex Gamsu Jenkins’ comics remind us of how gross we really are
- Pop culture powerhouse Bryan Rivera's 2018 in graphic design
- Don't worry, be angry: how politics and creativity collided in 2018
- Vice magazine's creative team talks us through its new and unexpectedly different redesign
- DIA channels NYC and gives Squarespace its signature kinetic treatment in brand refresh
- London Art Fair gets an abstract and textural rebrand for 2019