Proving that there’s a lot, like a lot, of money to be made from manufacturing laptops which can make you look 2% cooler than you actually are, as you sit in a coffee shop aimlessly wandering around the internet, the Guardian have reported that Apple have become the world’s first ever trillion dollar company.
Think about that for a second: Apple is worth one trillion dollars. A trillion. That’s a million million dollars. Share prices rose today, which pushed the tech giants over the threshold, with strong global growth and better-than-expected sales helping things along.
Somewhere in a plush hillside mansion, Jony Ive is possibly about to dive headfirst into a swimming pool full of hundred dollar bills, like a tech-savvy Scrooge McDuck. And he is going to personally thank all of you, every single iPhone user on earth, all 700 million of you. Possibly.
- Books From the Future talk us through its workshop on disaster in contemporary culture
- Molly Bounds paints intimate moments of quiet contemplation
- Friday Mixtape: Grand Union Orchestra's founder curates us a mix on the theme of migration
- Flat-e tells us how it made a visual interpretation of Daniel Avery's record in its entirety
- Girma Berta authentically captures the people of Addis Ababa with an iPhone
- Remember the pre-stage nerves and backstage stress in Alexander Coggin's photos of children's theatre
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- America's getting a space force and wants Trump supporters to choose its logo
- Swiss design practice Dinamo develops new visual identity for Tumblr
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- Adobe has added 665 new Monotype fonts to Creative Cloud
- "What is my opinion?": Graphic designer James Aspey's research-focused, typographic practice