If you were in a softly lit, pastel-fade coated studio with Christina Ricci – what would you talk to her about? For LA based artist Alex Israel it’s “singing in the shower, choosing a seat on the airplane, and what she would change about the Ten Commandments.” Brilliant. In this strange collection of interviews with a curiously-selected group of diversely-aged LA celebrities, Alex Israel asks them questions that they probably have never been asked before.
Channelling the tongue-in-cheek, deadpan dialogue reminiscent of an early Sacha Baren Cohen, this is a refreshingly hilarious peek into the lives of a strange bunch of individuals. Don’t forget to check out episodes featuring Brett Easton Ellis, Marilyn Manson and Jamie Lee Curtis. So weird.
- Simon Christoph Krenn’s experiments play around with rubbery hyperreal body parts
- Katy Wang creates a dreamy and surreally sweet animation for Toto Bona Lokua
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme