If you were in a softly lit, pastel-fade coated studio with Christina Ricci – what would you talk to her about? For LA based artist Alex Israel it’s “singing in the shower, choosing a seat on the airplane, and what she would change about the Ten Commandments.” Brilliant. In this strange collection of interviews with a curiously-selected group of diversely-aged LA celebrities, Alex Israel asks them questions that they probably have never been asked before.
Channelling the tongue-in-cheek, deadpan dialogue reminiscent of an early Sacha Baren Cohen, this is a refreshingly hilarious peek into the lives of a strange bunch of individuals. Don’t forget to check out episodes featuring Brett Easton Ellis, Marilyn Manson and Jamie Lee Curtis. So weird.
- Meet the speakers: Dougal Wilson, Ewen Spencer, GraphicDesign& and Gal-dem
- Claire Hentschker: the artist who recreated The Shining as an interactive 3D space
- Rosanna Webster and Phoebe Henry’s cinematic portrait of Cuba
- Alex Hunting’s crisp editorial designs are considered and multi-layered
- Raine Allen Miller’s latest ad shows kids experiencing the “side effects” of tech toys
- Colin Pantall's warm depiction of childhood and fatherhood taken over 12 years
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner