Get up, rub the hibernatory winter sleep from your eyes and ring out the bells – summer’s here! But hold on just a minute, what the heck are you going to wear? Those thick winter threads aren’t going to cut it now senor sunshine’s rocked into town. As you were, we’ve got you covered. We’ve teamed up with our pals at ASOS once again to commission these limited edition Hawaiian shirts designed by five of our favourite artists in the entire world. See who we signed up after the jump…
Hawaiian shirts have a rich heritage so we couldn’t just approach any old creative for this collaboration – the weight of quirkily-coloured mayhem was on their shoulders.
So after a lot of deliberation and rumination we settled on Australian mixed media master Jonathan Zawada, London-based Michael Willis who combines pyschadelia and kitsch to devastating effect, effortlessley elegant French designer Mario Hugo and two of Brooklyn’s best – Hisham Bharoocha and Mike Perry.
Let the summer fun commence!
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Bake Off, legalising weed and Fanta's redesign: highlights from March 2017
- Vogue's new editor and a typeface for pride: a look back at April 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme