I’m not going to lie and pretend my knowledge of basketball stretches further than Space Jam, but this basketball video is enough to make you want to find out everything there is to know about this kind of gritty street sport. Stephane Ashpool kindly sent over this fantastic video of, in his words “a poor but very rich soul area here in Paris called Barbes, GoutteD’or” and the basketball that is played on the streets. As well as shots of intimidatingly-good basketball players twisting through green smoke-filled courts, expect some quite beautiful footage of the food and the locals and a great shot of a flaming basketball hoop.
Project by Pigalle Paris, directed by Paul Geusebroek & Stephane Ashpool
- How can we connect young, diverse talent with the agencies who crave it?
- Ricky Leung’s illustrations capture the quiet moments of everyday life
- Photographer Chris Maggio palpably documents America’s current “emotional climate"
- Seoul-based Shrimp Chung’s dynamic designs are bright and full of impact
- Choreographer and director Holly Blakey on making work for everyone
- Elise By Olsen on stepping down as the world’s youngest editor-in-chief
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity