What’s been great on the internet this week? We’ll tell you what, and for good measure we’ll also tell you exactly who we reckon you should be following on social media and the highlights of you, our readers’, online chatter over the past seven days.
Apparently we can learn a lot about design from k-pop (Emily)
As part of a series of historic insights into The New York Times here, Metro reporter David W. Dunlop, looks back at a typographical challenge brought up during Dwight D. Eisenhower’s presidential campaign in 1952. (Beccy)
John Booth, an illustrator / ceramics man, added some of his lovely work to some very cool man bags last week for Fendi’s SS17 collection. That’s right, some very cool man bags. (Carol)
Pretty Corporate with a capital C, but Progress Packaging is being very mysterious with their new identity and there’s a lot of rotating boxes and shiny labels (Connor)
Weird video about the referendum (Jamie)
Magculture’s Jeremy Leslie picks out of five of the best new magazines made by and for young women over on Grafik (Emily)
From The New Yorker, Rachel Syme talks about the late Bill Cunningham’s muse, Editta Sherman. (Beccy)
Who to Follow
Jeremy Libman shared some lovely words about his father’s unpublished photography on the site this week. His own work is just as compelling. Father like son, etc.
Brooklyn artist Mike Perry shared this massive mural he’s been working on with the likes of Kate Moross, Mcbess and Craig and Karl. Interesting chap to follow, especially as he’s “making shit all the time."
We’re not sure if this actually true, but Kyle Platts has announced his a toy range from his popular comic strip, Vibe Consultant. To get back to the point, his feed is pretty, pretty goooood.
On first glance Grand Chamaco’s creations appear to be sickly sweet, look again and you can’t help but detect a hint of sarcasm. So worth a follow if sarcastic happiness is your thing.
If the looks of this from Lynnie Zulu fill your eyes full of joy, you’d do well to follow the artist in Instagram.
- Luca Mastroianni on his journey from Instagram selfies to the new Gentle Monster campaign
- Graphic designer Jacob Pardoe on collaborating with a neural network and the surprises it produces
- Call for Collaboration: Mahaneela is looking for a mixed media creative to visualise modern love
- Annu Kilpeläinen’s zine Rally 2U promises cars, sun and speed
- June's Double Click features real-time user interaction, infinite scrolls and lo-fi aesthetics
- Lee Kan Kyo’s practice involves taking a selfie a day and a loyalty card club
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Job interviews: Pentagram, Wieden+Kennedy and Bureau Borsche on how to get them and what to say
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!