The referendum result is in and Britain is out. Our Hot Topic this week gathers some of the first responses from the creative world as people begin to take stock of the situation. Also, as a distraction from the rolling news coverage, you can also check out our weekly round-up of the articles, podcasts and websites that have caught our attention.
In T Magazine’s 15 Minutes with Ai Weiwei, Aimee Farrell speaks with the artist about his experiences creating his feature-length film Human Flow on the plight of global refugees, and using Instagram as a digital sketchbook. (Emily)
Malcolm Gladwell has launched the Revisionist History podcast where he "will go back and reinterpret something from the past: an event, a person, an idea. Something overlooked. Something misunderstood.” The first episode was fascinating and it will be interesting to hear how the series develops. (Owen)
Our bonkers pals over at Barcelona-based creative collective Hungry Castle have made a toilet rap video. What’s not to love. (Emily)
Bulgaria-born, Berlin-based music producer and multimedia artist Gorazd Popov has created a weird and spooky interactive web page for his last EP for Slit Jockey. Pop-ups give text instructions for guided meditation, which is certainly an unusual approach to music PR. (Emily)
Super interesting article on New Yorker cartoonists generating 500 ideas a week and how they keep going. (Beccy)
Hot Topic x Who To Follow
The referendum. Don’t even get us started. This serves nicely as a good group of creative minds to follow on the social medias too. Stay classy, United Kingdom.
- “We will fight on the battlefield!”: A day in the office of Studio O.OO
- This is Antwerp: why you'll want to visit Europe's most atypical city
- A glimpse inside FKA twigs’ year-long pole-performance training schedule
- Graphics studio Brest Brest Brest injects some silliness into French cultural institutions
- Enter the saccharine lunacy of Becky and Joe’s idents for Trolli sweets
- AI personality consultant to digital matte painter: The creative jobs you didn’t know existed
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!