It wouldn’t be right of me not to warn you that for the first 60 seconds or so of this video, you’re going to potentially need to hold chunks down because, truthfully, this music video opens like the slushiest indie phone advert you’ve ever been faced with. Patience however, is a virtue, and soon the young hero of the story – the man responsible for the cheese-factor – is being beaten to a pulp and hunted down by the feds, making the chunks in your throat suddenly disappear. You are then faced with a smack-in-the-face reminder that Bob Dylan never ceases to be the coolest man on earth as he saunters down the street with one of the weirdest and best entourages you’ll probably ever see in a music video. Nash Edgerton, we hope you direct all of Dylan’s videos from now on, because you certainly seem to know what you’re doing.
Did I mention that as well as being a director, Nash Edgerton is also one of Hollywood’s favourite stuntmen? Perhaps that’s where all that violence stemmed from…
- Territory Studio on making organic, lo-fi graphics for Blade Runner 2049
- Evan Cohen’s illustrated characters work together to travel through the panels of his comic
- Tadas Karpavicius's risky opera catalogue creates "fluidity and an organic feeling"
- Wang & Söderström create digital art you want to reach out and touch in new exhibition
- Joe Mrava and Austin Ledzian tell the story of the modern-day female farmer
- Photographer Lukas Korschan got on the wrong boat, but made a great series out of it
- Pee on this Ikea print ad, and if you’re pregnant, you get a crib half price
- The rebrand for Russia’s tourist board uses Suprematist geometry laid out as a map
- The Guardian unveils redesign across print and online
- Coca-Cola reveals custom typeface, TCCC Unity, inspired by its modernist heritage
- A first look at Uber and NASA's new flying vehicle
- Uniqlo and Marimekko collaborate on bold and expressive new collection