It wouldn’t be right of me not to warn you that for the first 60 seconds or so of this video, you’re going to potentially need to hold chunks down because, truthfully, this music video opens like the slushiest indie phone advert you’ve ever been faced with. Patience however, is a virtue, and soon the young hero of the story – the man responsible for the cheese-factor – is being beaten to a pulp and hunted down by the feds, making the chunks in your throat suddenly disappear. You are then faced with a smack-in-the-face reminder that Bob Dylan never ceases to be the coolest man on earth as he saunters down the street with one of the weirdest and best entourages you’ll probably ever see in a music video. Nash Edgerton, we hope you direct all of Dylan’s videos from now on, because you certainly seem to know what you’re doing.
Did I mention that as well as being a director, Nash Edgerton is also one of Hollywood’s favourite stuntmen? Perhaps that’s where all that violence stemmed from…
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Bake Off, legalising weed and Fanta's redesign: highlights from March 2017
- Vogue's new editor and a typeface for pride: a look back at April 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme