It’s not often that Hollywood offers newcomers the chance to join the prestigious ranks of their glamorous world. It’s a pretty closed community out there in the California hills, but for the second time in two years a selection of young, talented film-makers (that’s you guys, by the way) are being offered the opportunity to have their films made by some Hollywood greats and screened at the Tribeca Film Festival 2014.
The Bombay Sappphire Imagination Series Film competition is in its second year – a selection of last year’s winners can be seen below – and this time the judges and script-writers are Oscar winning; with a script from Geoffrey Fletcher and judging from the excellent Adrien Brody. All you have to do to enter is read Geoffrey’s script and reimagine it in whatever way you see fit. The judging panel will then select the five most promising scripts to be produced and screened at Tribeca 2014. The deadline is August 4 2013, so you best get on it!
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum