WARNING do not watch this if you are afraid of family members dying and then being messily devoured in front of your very eyes by OTHER members of your own family. Seriously, parts of this video were deemed unwatchable by most of the It’s Nice That editorial team, which I think is perhaps why I love it so much.
Truly pushing boundaries in music videos without using sexuality as a tool comes so rarely these days, and directors like Maegan Houang are a perfect example of how you can make a lo-fi video as effective – if not more – by using good old fashioned horror. Putting the face-clawingly disgusting cannibalism aside for a moment (is it jam, tomatoes or summer pudding?) this video is a perfect accompaniment to Chastity Belt’s lead singer Julia’s sarky give-a-shit, two-fingers-to-the-music-industry vocals and is potentially the turning point of Maegan’s filmmaking career. Now excuse me while I go and puke.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum