WARNING do not watch this if you are afraid of family members dying and then being messily devoured in front of your very eyes by OTHER members of your own family. Seriously, parts of this video were deemed unwatchable by most of the It’s Nice That editorial team, which I think is perhaps why I love it so much.
Truly pushing boundaries in music videos without using sexuality as a tool comes so rarely these days, and directors like Maegan Houang are a perfect example of how you can make a lo-fi video as effective – if not more – by using good old fashioned horror. Putting the face-clawingly disgusting cannibalism aside for a moment (is it jam, tomatoes or summer pudding?) this video is a perfect accompaniment to Chastity Belt’s lead singer Julia’s sarky give-a-shit, two-fingers-to-the-music-industry vocals and is potentially the turning point of Maegan’s filmmaking career. Now excuse me while I go and puke.
- Superimpose Studio on the impact of Brexit on the creative industries
- Photographer Namsa Leuba makes the invisible stories of Voodoo visible
- A whizz through the portfolio of Italian illustrator Marco Oggian
- Alex Vasilyev's compelling photographs of locals living in Russia's coldest region
- Friday Mixtape: Rae Morris curates a winter-focused mix
- Good Sport Magazine: sport-focussed content, through the lens of much broader reaching interests
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- These Swedish kids designed a typeface to celebrate their neighbourhood
- A new Vitra Museum exhibition shows the hedonistic history of nightclub design
- A chat with the anonymous archivist behind vintage smut celebration Hardcore Decor
- A peek inside the bulging, bold portfolio of multidisciplinary studio Spassky Fisher