As a successful artist, it’s almost your duty to take younger, fresher creative minds under your wing and lead them in the right direction to artistic stardom. Such is the nature of this new exhibition in London’s Hoxton Gallery, which looks to pair some of the country’s brightest fine art talents with some of its most legendary.
UP&COMING is a four day event which aims to showcase brand new artistic talent, the work of which will be judged by artists such as Jake & Dinos Chapman, Polly Morgan, Tim Noble and Sue Webster and others. The work will be on display at the gallery from 14 March to 16 March 2014 and will feature Kids of Dada’s Signed by the Artist collection: a limited edition, fine art-inspired fashion collection that “combines contemporary artworks and innovative design to produce unique and individual fashion pieces.” read more about the event over on the Facebook page.
UP&COMING is at Hoxton Gallery from 14 March to 16 March 2014.
- Manshen Lo creates surreal, comic-inspired observational illustrations
- “To me, being a man just means being yourself”: five creatives share their thoughts on masculinity
- Hexatope: the web-app utilising computational arts to make personalised jewellery
- Lucy Hardcastle on her “most progressive film to date”
- Moby Digg creates grid-based identity for finance company Baugeld Spezialisten
- Typography and National Socialism – the journey of Futura in an era of "reactionary modernity"
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum