I’m hesitant to add my voice to the thousands of people who’ve probably already told you to listen to Fleet Foxes, but I’m actually physically unable to not talk about them, even briefly as this.
All that’s really important to know is that they are five Seattle gentlemen (two of which from the similarly wonderful Crystal Skulls) who are soon to release a self-titled album on Sub Pop that I’ve listened to solidly for longer than I care to remember. If you’re the sort of person who needs some cursory comparisons, I’d mention My Morning Jacket and Midlake, but then I’d immediately slap you around the face and tell you to just listen to these harmonies and realise for yourself what I’m completely unable to articulate. Go!
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum