When drinking warm cider in a park starts to get boring it’s good to know that autumn is there waiting like a trusty friend in a really great jumper just around the corner. Did you know that the season is as treacherous as it is beautiful? More people step in dog poo in autumn than in any other months. Fact. It lurks beneath kickable piles of leaves. On the plus side it is well-known for its magic feeling of refreshment – a certain back-to-school vibe that makes new projects and friendships seem exciting and energised.
Today we’ve put together 12 fantastically autumn-inspired songs for you today, so sit back, close that draughty window and put the kettle on – it’s getting chilly in here.
- Manshen Lo creates surreal, comic-inspired observational illustrations
- “To me, being a man just means being yourself”: five creatives share their thoughts on masculinity
- Hexatope: the web-app utilising computational arts to make personalised jewellery
- Lucy Hardcastle on her “most progressive film to date”
- Moby Digg creates grid-based identity for finance company Baugeld Spezialisten
- Typography and National Socialism – the journey of Futura in an era of "reactionary modernity"
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum