When drinking warm cider in a park starts to get boring it’s good to know that autumn is there waiting like a trusty friend in a really great jumper just around the corner. Did you know that the season is as treacherous as it is beautiful? More people step in dog poo in autumn than in any other months. Fact. It lurks beneath kickable piles of leaves. On the plus side it is well-known for its magic feeling of refreshment – a certain back-to-school vibe that makes new projects and friendships seem exciting and energised.
Today we’ve put together 12 fantastically autumn-inspired songs for you today, so sit back, close that draughty window and put the kettle on – it’s getting chilly in here.
- Department of New Realities' AR-assisted Moncler book is a technological triumph
- Tish Murtha's Elswick Kids portrays "the joy and freedom of childhood"
- The ninth Asian Pacific Triennial’s features an undoubtedly impressive roster
- Lily Rose Thomas' film Girls Who Drink explores three complicated relationships with alcohol
- Broken Bonds explores how pictures can document a different approach to history
- Talk: a magazine reimagining debates surrounding commercial art
- Photographer Andrea Artemisio's wacky realisations breathe fresh air into magazine editorial
- Massive Attack just announced that they've remastered a classic album into...a spray can
- It looks like Banksy intended to shred the whole of Girl with Balloon
- Deep Throat Studio may have been borne out of failure but it thrives today
- Andrés Rosa approaches design by rejecting logic and embracing Dadaist thinking
- A new film uses the Barbican estate at sunset to appreciate the beauty of Brutalism