Fashion photographer, designer and global pioneer of Russia’s bubbling undercurrent Gosha Rubchinskiy has teamed up with Moscow-based publishing and production platform INRUSSIA to make a documentary. Titled Apart, the film tells the stories of three unknown men cast by the designer via an open call for his AW17 presentation in the western Russian city of Kaliningrad – the designer’s first show in his home country since 2009.
The men – Andrey, Ivan and Kirill – were from Divnogorsk, Krasnodar and Kaliningrad, the former towns thousands of kilometres away from the latter. The documentary, directed by Papaya Dog with cinematography by Maxim Tomash, follows the men from their respective hometowns to Kaliningrad as they prepare for the upcoming fashion show at Kaliningrad’s Regional Center of Youth Culture with Gosha Rubchinskiy and his team.
Apart is a visual follow-up to a guide to Kalingrad, a publication created by the designer’s team and writers from INRUSSIA. Making its debut at Gosha’s AW17 presentation, the book was InRussia’s printed debut.
- Nicolas Garner explores the clash of digital and organic in his hyperreal imagery
- Dennis Church’s 12-year project sees him capture the visual noise of America’s streets
- Hudson Christie’s illustration trickery uses depth to create textured, flat pieces
- A rare interview with enigmatic and cherished photographer, Nguan
- Karen Asher photographs the people and happenings of Winnipeg, Canada
- Nieves founder Benjamin Sommerhalder shares his passion for books and zines
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner