Fashion photographer, designer and global pioneer of Russia’s bubbling undercurrent Gosha Rubchinskiy has teamed up with Moscow-based publishing and production platform INRUSSIA to make a documentary. Titled Apart, the film tells the stories of three unknown men cast by the designer via an open call for his AW17 presentation in the western Russian city of Kaliningrad – the designer’s first show in his home country since 2009.
The men – Andrey, Ivan and Kirill – were from Divnogorsk, Krasnodar and Kaliningrad, the former towns thousands of kilometres away from the latter. The documentary, directed by Papaya Dog with cinematography by Maxim Tomash, follows the men from their respective hometowns to Kaliningrad as they prepare for the upcoming fashion show at Kaliningrad’s Regional Center of Youth Culture with Gosha Rubchinskiy and his team.
Apart is a visual follow-up to a guide to Kalingrad, a publication created by the designer’s team and writers from INRUSSIA. Making its debut at Gosha’s AW17 presentation, the book was InRussia’s printed debut.
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled