It’s well established now that in the socially-engaged world the way brands interact with their customers has changed, and there’s no going back. But recognising this new reality and responding to it in interesting, innovative and effective ways are two very different things, and that’s where The Rumpus Room comes in.
Creative director Tom Roope and his team are the go-to guys for big companies open-mined and business-savvy enough to embrace the brave new world. So whether it’s musical stars like Bon Jovi and Lilly Allen, brands like Nike, Coca Cola and Cadbury or other organisations like the International Olympic Committee or Fairtrade, The Rumpus Room has created some of the most creative, technological and ambitious campaigns of the past few years.
Their efforts have been honoured by the likes of D&AD, The Cannes Lions and the Designs of the Year and so we are delighted that Tom will be joining us at Here on Friday to discuss the ways in which creatives have had to shift their mindset from showing off how clever they are to helping their audiences show off how clever and talented they can be.
Here is sold out but we will be documenting the day in due course.
- Malika Favre talks about studying engineering, her first job and tight deadlines from The New Yorker
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs their mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner