Established by illustrator Kaye Blegvad, Horizontal Press is a small pornographic press specialising in “small batch jazz mags and seminal works.” Based in Brooklyn, Horizontal Press keeps its tongue firmly in cheek, “[taking pleasure] in publishing erotic works for the discerning horndog.” If that wasn’t news enough, it’s launching this Valentine’s Day – just in time for you to send your loved one, or yourself, a Tijuana Bible by some of illustration’s most glittering stars. There’s Rose Blake, Clay Hickson and Lizzy Stewart to name but a few.
In case you were wondering, Tijuana Bibles are palm-sized pornographic comics that have been produced in the US since the 1920s. Popularity peaked during the Great Depression and now Horizontal Press has brought them right up to the n(au)ghties. Sorry.
- Josephin Ritschel presents architecture and its surroundings as a stage for storytelling
- Gender, sexuality and male identity as seen through the lens of Jorge Perez Ortiz
- Gab Bois transforms things we’ve seen a thousand times into something spectacular
- Aysha Tengiz on her joyous, colourful and slightly depressing illustrated scenes
- Satellite photography, drawing tools and interactive logotypes feature in Double Click September
- Lego reveals first brand campaign in 30 years, Rebuild the World
- “All you see is lazy photography everywhere”: Martin Parr discusses his career, Brexit and obsession
- The work of Xiangyu Liu is weird and fantastically unpredictable (some NSFW)
- Caterina Bianchini Studio designs a dog-themed identity for a conveyer belt cheese restaurant
- Ikea invites people to “try on” Virgil Abloh furniture collection at LFW
- Hans Findling on his experimental and multidisciplinary approach to design
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!