Kids being bad is not by any means a revolutionary way to make something instantly cool. From Hook to Lord of the Flies to the debatably brilliant Rock and Roll High School, this method is a tried and tested tag of rebelliousness which, when attached to something, makes people love it.
In this filthy, raucous new Jack White video by the self-assured and brilliant AG Rojas we see zombie-like children in a boring suburb causing chaos and dousing a handcuffed Jack White in petrol while wielding Zippo lighters. And that’s the reason why this video is so great – no kid in his right mind would kill Jack White, he’s a teenager’s hero, so killing him would be the ultimate, glorious rebellion.
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled