“The idea was to document untold stories all over Holland,” says London-based photographer Jane Stockdale of her most recent project for Nike. “We followed various teams and players to document different stories: from kids playing after school to amateur teams playing to the Dutch National Team training for the Women’s Euros 2017 and playing friendlies with Austria and Japan.”
To celebrate Holland hosting the Women’s Euros 2017, Jane travelled across the Netherlands to document the fastest growing sport in the country and the people that play and support football. The images pick up on stories such as 11 year-old Djennah who dreams of playing for Barcelona, street football in Amsterdam, local amateur team Majella Domstad which is based in Utrecht, the CTO academy in Amsterdam, the Dutch national team training in Zeist and the international friendlies that preceded the Euros tournament.
Jane’s images capture the dedication and passion of players and fans in a country that has long been famed for its love of the beautiful game. The Womens’ Euro 2017 Tournament is currently being held in the Netherlands, with the Dutch team gaining sporting a new kit with a bespoke crest designed by W+K Amsterdam with Nike for the Dutch FA. These images have been featured in an exhibition that will run for the length of the tournament and in a zine titled Game On designed by …staat.
- Nicolas Garner explores the clash of digital and organic in his hyperreal imagery
- Dennis Church’s 12-year project sees him capture the visual noise of America’s streets
- Hudson Christie’s illustration trickery uses depth to create textured, flat pieces
- A rare interview with enigmatic and cherished photographer, Nguan
- Karen Asher photographs the people and happenings of Winnipeg, Canada
- Nieves founder Benjamin Sommerhalder shares his passion for books and zines
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner