We first spotted Brooklyn based Kevin Cyr’s work over 18 months ago and his latest show, Home In The Weeds opened last week at 941 Geary.
“…a personal reaction to the fragility of our current society. After the worst economic downturn since the Depression, a feeling of imminent doom remains. Home in the Weeds examines the idea of shelter as a safe haven for a future worst-case scenario as well as more optimistic notions of home and self-preservation”.
- Nicolas Garner explores the clash of digital and organic in his hyperreal imagery
- Dennis Church’s 12-year project sees him capture the visual noise of America’s streets
- Hudson Christie’s illustration trickery uses depth to create textured, flat pieces
- A rare interview with enigmatic and cherished photographer, Nguan
- Karen Asher photographs the people and happenings of Winnipeg, Canada
- Nieves founder Benjamin Sommerhalder shares his passion for books and zines
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner