We first spotted Brooklyn based Kevin Cyr’s work over 18 months ago and his latest show, Home In The Weeds opened last week at 941 Geary.
“…a personal reaction to the fragility of our current society. After the worst economic downturn since the Depression, a feeling of imminent doom remains. Home in the Weeds examines the idea of shelter as a safe haven for a future worst-case scenario as well as more optimistic notions of home and self-preservation”.
- Territory Studio on making organic, lo-fi graphics for Blade Runner 2049
- Evan Cohen’s illustrated characters work together to travel through the panels of his comic
- Tadas Karpavicius's risky opera catalogue creates "fluidity and an organic feeling"
- Wang & Söderström create digital art you want to reach out and touch in new exhibition
- Joe Mrava and Austin Ledzian tell the story of the modern-day female farmer
- Photographer Lukas Korschan got on the wrong boat, but made a great series out of it
- Pee on this Ikea print ad, and if you’re pregnant, you get a crib half price
- The rebrand for Russia’s tourist board uses Suprematist geometry laid out as a map
- The Guardian unveils redesign across print and online
- Coca-Cola reveals custom typeface, TCCC Unity, inspired by its modernist heritage
- A first look at Uber and NASA's new flying vehicle
- Uniqlo and Marimekko collaborate on bold and expressive new collection