We first spotted Brooklyn based Kevin Cyr’s work over 18 months ago and his latest show, Home In The Weeds opened last week at 941 Geary.
“…a personal reaction to the fragility of our current society. After the worst economic downturn since the Depression, a feeling of imminent doom remains. Home in the Weeds examines the idea of shelter as a safe haven for a future worst-case scenario as well as more optimistic notions of home and self-preservation”.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum