We first spotted Brooklyn based Kevin Cyr’s work over 18 months ago and his latest show, Home In The Weeds opened last week at 941 Geary.
“…a personal reaction to the fragility of our current society. After the worst economic downturn since the Depression, a feeling of imminent doom remains. Home in the Weeds examines the idea of shelter as a safe haven for a future worst-case scenario as well as more optimistic notions of home and self-preservation”.
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Bake Off, legalising weed and Fanta's redesign: highlights from March 2017
- Vogue's new editor and a typeface for pride: a look back at April 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme