You can’t blame me for being drawn in by the overwhelming presence of fruit in designer and art director Leta Sobierajski’s portfolio. There’s a lot of it. There’s also of meat, cheese and geometric shapes, but that’s neither here nor there – it’s the fruit we’re fixated on.
In actual fact, her work is incredibly diverse; ranging from more conventional identities to brilliantly bizarre compositions of painted limbs, bright balloons and surprisingly coloured edible matter. The common theme underpinning it all, however, is that her work is stubbornly multidisciplinary, combining photography, art and styling with more traditional design elements to create utterly unique visuals. One prime example of this is the campaign she put together for Odd Pears, an Australian-based sock design company who sell their socks in sets of three.
Leta explains: “They reached out to me to create a series of images to be used as posters and postcards to promote their polka-dotted collection. The result is a surreal, fantastically coloured group of face-less figures sporting their Odd Pears in clashing colours and curious compositions.” Sounds like a perfect client-and-designer pairing to me.
- Can graphic design translate to performance? LCC's grad show identity shows us it can
- Gina Tonic on being big, Welsh and growing up in an ex-mining town in The Valleys
- Margot Lévêque examines the historical, emotional and philosophical connotations of the collar
- Illustrator Moon utilises drawing as a means of understanding herself
- Toilet rolls and sat navs: Photographer Andy Price will make you look twice at everyday objects
- Samantha French’s dazzling underwater paintings hark back to childhood summers
- Turning her lens to those around her, Danna Singer reveals the story of a working class community
- Kyle Berger’s Photoshopped images exist in “a post-truth timeline”
- The climate crisis is daunting, but as a creative professional, there’s much you can do
- Elizabeth Hibbard’s unsettling photographs examine subjective experience with a visceral gaze
- “My creativity is sparked by music and architecture”: meet graphic designer Stephanie Specht
- Adventure Time’s finale nominated for Emmy, alongside BoJack and Big Mouth