Boy are you in for a treat this morning! Who gives a shit about getting Valentine’s cards this week when you’ve got loveable, legendary French rogue Michel Gondry presenting you with a brand new music video for Metronomy’s Love Letters? Just when you thought he’d hung up his music-video hat for a lifetime and moved on to bigger projects, Michel is back in our lives with a brand new classic.
The video is Gondry through and through, it’s his trademark hand-painted sets with long takes following the band through a cardboard, cartoon-like dream world. Metronomy’s track, Love Letters, is a punchy, loud celebration of love and the craft of music and, unlike in most other Metronomy tracks, the whole band (in their matching maroon outfits) come together to belt out the catchy chorus. Could this be a new classic like the Gondry videos of yore that have inspired thousands, maybe millions of people? I think so. Let us all hold hands and give thanks for Michel, Metronomy, and music.
If you’re a big Gondry fan and you fancy a one in a lifetime chance to speak to the man himself, join a Google+ hangout tomorrow with him and Adam Buxton where they will be answering questions from the public about all things music video-related. The hangout will be streamed live from the official Metronomy YouTube channel here. See you there!
- Photographer Svetlana Bulatova documents the environmental trauma of the Chechen wars
- From designer to full time artist, Caroline Walls on her gestural paintings
- Benjamin Muzzin on how digital art needs to be “shaken up badly”
- Choose Your Fighter: illustrator Kevin Sabo’s queering of hyper-masculine gaming culture
- Matthew Jones gives insight into Accept & Proceed's work for Nasa
- Illustrator Jordan Awan on fulfilling his childhood dream
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Channelling personality into branding: Commission Studio on Fenty’s new visual identity
- Does the perfect portfolio exist? Top creatives and studios offer their advice
- Droga5 unveils undulating identity for London’s newest outdoor destination, The Tide
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!