I’m worried that the frequency with which I proclaim things “my new favourite Tumblr ever” is undermining the level of such praise but this time, this time, I really mean it. My Dad Was In A Band seems to be a promo for a new film called A Band Called Death described as “equal parts electrifying rockumentary and epic family love story” (you can see the trailer below).
It does exactly what it says on the masthead, collating people’s submitted memories of their dads’ music careers, complete with AMAZING vintage photos, tracks and even the odd video. It’s the personal memories of the contributors that really make it so special – my favourite being Brandon Crash, son of Slander’s Chris who notes simply: “I’ve known from the youngest age, that my dad ups the punx more than any other dad I will ever meet.” It’s only small at the moment but my hope is the more exposure it gets, the bigger this brilliant blog will grow.
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled