At Nicer Tuesdays August we had the absolute honour of revealing a new project by photographer Luke Evans. A firm long-time favourite of ours Luke took to the stage at Oval Space to introduce his work to those who may not of known him, but they definitely love him now.
“A sort of photographer,” Luke’s work is often sculpture based and “the camera is often there to bring it to life”. Whizzing us through his projects like Inside Out, Xero and Forge his talk took an emotional pause as Luke described a difficult period in his life.
Honestly taking the audience through this time, Luke spoke through the nervousness that comes with having to pause your work to stop and pay attention to yourself. It was all undoubtedly worth it in the end however, as Luke gradually got back behind the camera and introduced his latest mind bendingly good project Second Nature.
- Have an ogle at Sein Koo’s marker pen illustrations of all things food-related
- Albert magazine's analytical yet colourful design proves how “knowledge can also have sex appeal”
- Typeface Ciao communicates auditive intonations of the spoken word
- Photography duo Luke & Nik talk us through the inspirations for their analogue manipulation
- Filmmaker and writer Pedro Neves Marques merges biopolitics with sexual politics
- Dinamo's Fabian Hard on exploring new technology with typography
- True's sixth issue thoughtfully showcases emerging and established photographers
- It’s cheese but not as you know it: ManvsMachine’s TV ads for Castello
- Jon Gray on designing book covers for Zadie Smith, Sally Rooney and other literary giants
- WeTransfer tell users to "Please Leave" in new short film
- Graphic Fest has all you need to know about visual identities for festivals and fairs
- Master one style or stay versatile? Illustrators discuss the pros and cons