At June’s Nicer Tuesdays Felicia Pennant, the founder and editor of independent football and fashion platform Season Zine, took to the stage providing insight on how the publication has added a different tone of voice to the current conversation of football.
“The aim of the game with us,” Felicia explains, “is to tell stories which showcase, celebrate and empower female fans first, whether they play or not.” Inspired by Cristiano Ronaldo’s tears at the Euros in 2004, Felicia got hooked on the exhilarating and emotional power of the sport.
Editorially-led with thoughtful photography and illustration commissioning, the Season team provide an alternative to the way female football fans are represented countering “the male, pale, stale football culture.”
You can get tickets for July’s Nicer Tuesdays featuring Flat-e, Nadine Redlich, Sophie Koko Gate and Vicki King, here.
- Meji Alabi on discovering his roots through film and music
- Stoic black cats and burning worlds: Quentin Dufour on his chaotic illustrations
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- In photographing the American west, Andong Zheng uncovers hidden traces of Chinese history
- Meet Universal Thirst, the Bangalore and Reykjavik-based foundry offering a dual perspective on type
- Manchester Girls, the new series from Dean Davies, is a visual homage to the women of the north
- Facebook rebrands to distinguish the company from the app
- Jack Kenyon photographs the wondrous spectacle of the Supreme Cat Show
- &Walsh designs Zooba's identity inspired by the busy streets of Cairo
- A book chronicling tiny, bizarre treasures curated by Wes Anderson and Juman Malouf
- Find hidden squares and experimental inktraps in Fatih Hardal's FH Giselle
- Pentagram’s Giorgia Lupi on her data-driven designs for & Other Stories