At June’s Nicer Tuesdays Felicia Pennant, the founder and editor of independent football and fashion platform Season Zine, took to the stage providing insight on how the publication has added a different tone of voice to the current conversation of football.
“The aim of the game with us,” Felicia explains, “is to tell stories which showcase, celebrate and empower female fans first, whether they play or not.” Inspired by Cristiano Ronaldo’s tears at the Euros in 2004, Felicia got hooked on the exhilarating and emotional power of the sport.
Editorially-led with thoughtful photography and illustration commissioning, the Season team provide an alternative to the way female football fans are represented countering “the male, pale, stale football culture.”
You can get tickets for July’s Nicer Tuesdays featuring Flat-e, Nadine Redlich, Sophie Koko Gate and Vicki King, here.
- This year’s Birmingham Design Festival explored truth in the design industry
- Designer John Christian Rose on how he turns mess, chaos and clutter into art
- “My creative process is hella eclectic”: illustrator Jack Fletcher
- Jee-ook Choi turns Uniqlo’s AIRism range into a series of ethereal illustrations
- “Nothing should stand still”: Elaine Song on her dynamic, abstract illustrations
- Meet Ian Weldon, the “photographer that photographs weddings”
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!