At June’s Nicer Tuesdays Felicia Pennant, the founder and editor of independent football and fashion platform Season Zine, took to the stage providing insight on how the publication has added a different tone of voice to the current conversation of football.
“The aim of the game with us,” Felicia explains, “is to tell stories which showcase, celebrate and empower female fans first, whether they play or not.” Inspired by Cristiano Ronaldo’s tears at the Euros in 2004, Felicia got hooked on the exhilarating and emotional power of the sport.
Editorially-led with thoughtful photography and illustration commissioning, the Season team provide an alternative to the way female football fans are represented countering “the male, pale, stale football culture.”
You can get tickets for July’s Nicer Tuesdays featuring Flat-e, Nadine Redlich, Sophie Koko Gate and Vicki King, here.
- Wyatt Knowles on his DIY approach to poster design
- Jaemin Lee takes on the influence of 80s pop in his illustrative process and aesthetic
- A Pint in London: a new game where the quest is for the perfect tipple
- “There is no value in change for change’s sake”: an exclusive look at Spin's update of Mubi’s visual language
- “For the new generasian”: a look back on long lost design treasure, Yolk magazine
- Minet Kim’s illustrations explore the unconscious through symbols and colour
- Get ready for 230 new emojis to confuse your mum with
- Netflix rolls out brand new ident for all its original material
- David Rothenberg discusses his unique portraits of the passengers of planes
- Photographer Nick Turpin captures cars bathed in the lights of Piccadilly Circus
- Byun Young Geun likens illustration to “looking into a mirror”
- Naranjo-Etxeberria designs an identity aiming to cause impact at first glance