At June’s Nicer Tuesdays Felicia Pennant, the founder and editor of independent football and fashion platform Season Zine, took to the stage providing insight on how the publication has added a different tone of voice to the current conversation of football.
“The aim of the game with us,” Felicia explains, “is to tell stories which showcase, celebrate and empower female fans first, whether they play or not.” Inspired by Cristiano Ronaldo’s tears at the Euros in 2004, Felicia got hooked on the exhilarating and emotional power of the sport.
Editorially-led with thoughtful photography and illustration commissioning, the Season team provide an alternative to the way female football fans are represented countering “the male, pale, stale football culture.”
You can get tickets for July’s Nicer Tuesdays featuring Flat-e, Nadine Redlich, Sophie Koko Gate and Vicki King, here.
- Charlotte Wales shoots Botticelli-esque editorial for British Vogue's September issue
- Kaye Blegvad on the making of Dog Years, her book about surviving depression
- Photographer Carl Oliver Ander examines "the false relationship to reality that the medium has"
- Photographer Ellius Grace captures the ghostly churches of Ireland and the figures that haunt them
- William Farr’s floral sculptures are a celebration of ephemera and controlled chaos
- George Fletcher's typeface Hinault, inspired by 1980s cycling, is full of character and detail
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- Graphic designers Dorothy comprehensively map out the history of club culture
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- Can Yang's graphic design style is deep-rooted in her Chinese heritage
- New Zealander Luke Hoban designs websites that not only have form and function, but flair
- Jackson Joyce's melancholic illustrations inspired by childhood nostalgia