At June’s Nicer Tuesdays Felicia Pennant, the founder and editor of independent football and fashion platform Season Zine, took to the stage providing insight on how the publication has added a different tone of voice to the current conversation of football.
“The aim of the game with us,” Felicia explains, “is to tell stories which showcase, celebrate and empower female fans first, whether they play or not.” Inspired by Cristiano Ronaldo’s tears at the Euros in 2004, Felicia got hooked on the exhilarating and emotional power of the sport.
Editorially-led with thoughtful photography and illustration commissioning, the Season team provide an alternative to the way female football fans are represented countering “the male, pale, stale football culture.”
You can get tickets for July’s Nicer Tuesdays featuring Flat-e, Nadine Redlich, Sophie Koko Gate and Vicki King, here.
- Yang Qi’s work expresses a strong Chinese and German cultural background
- Jenny Schweitzer's latest documentary explores gender, competition, and chess
- Ronan McKenzie curates I'm Home, an exhibition exploring the black British female experience
- Photographer Andrea Artemisio's wacky realisations breathe fresh air into magazine editorial
- Deep Throat Studio may have been borne out of failure but it thrives today
- Sunny Side Up: a fake new exhibition by Sunny, a fake artist too
- Record Label Logo Archive Vol.1 is a music nerd's dream come true
- Rudeboy: The Story of Trojan Records documents the origins of Jamaican and British youth culture
- Good Type’s new fonts continue to rivet the typographic community
- An interview with Pentagram's latest partner, Astrid Stavro
- The internet responds to Banksy’s self-destructive act of art
- Welcome to World Mental Health Day 2018 on It's Nice That