At June’s Nicer Tuesdays Felicia Pennant, the founder and editor of independent football and fashion platform Season Zine, took to the stage providing insight on how the publication has added a different tone of voice to the current conversation of football.
“The aim of the game with us,” Felicia explains, “is to tell stories which showcase, celebrate and empower female fans first, whether they play or not.” Inspired by Cristiano Ronaldo’s tears at the Euros in 2004, Felicia got hooked on the exhilarating and emotional power of the sport.
Editorially-led with thoughtful photography and illustration commissioning, the Season team provide an alternative to the way female football fans are represented countering “the male, pale, stale football culture.”
You can get tickets for July’s Nicer Tuesdays featuring Flat-e, Nadine Redlich, Sophie Koko Gate and Vicki King, here.
- We take a look back at the best stories of the year to date
- Atelier Brenda and Amélie Bakker create “squidgy” identity for Beursschouwburg
- Thomas Pratt photographs the effects of religion, natural disaster and globalisation on an island community
- Viacheslav Poliakov shoots the “folk-baroque-industrial mess” of Ukraine and Poland
- “Even bad pizza is kind of good”: Five life lessons from David Droga
- Join Cachetejack and Dropbox for a collaborative workshop at OFFF Barcelona
- Netflix moots move into print with new publication, Wide
- “Allowing a modern audience to see Helvetica for the first time”: Charles Nix talks us through the newly released Helvetica Now
- Dating app Hinge gets a makeover, asks users to use it less
- The most relaxing colour in the world? Dark blue apparently
- By You: Nike's customisable range gets a new name, and a new look
- Rejane Dal Bello on using graphic design to talk about hard topics in a joyful way