For March, we are proud to announce a stellar line-up for Nicer Tuesdays with leading figures from a swathe of creative disciplines. Join us on 28 March to hear A Practice for Everyday Life, Jon Burgerman, Anthony Burrill and Nelly Ben Hayoun offer insight into their work and creative processes at Oval Space. The event is now sold out – sign up to the newsletter to be the first to know about future events.
Graphic design studio A Practice for Everyday Life has built an esteemed reputation over the past 14 years for its work with publishers and galleries, including the recent, supremely coveted catalogue for David Hockney’s show at Tate Britain. Co-founders Kirsty Carter and Emma Thomas will be taking us through the creative approach to this 270 page tome.
Illustrator Jon Burgerman may be renowned for his characterful hand-drawn doodles, but is followed by tens of thousands for his utterly brilliant Instagram account. He’s hopping over from his NYC studio to tell us more about his recent animation experiments which use the medium of Stories.
Anthony Burrill is one of the best known British graphic designers, his typographic works instantly recognisable for their punchy, positive and entirely relatable slogans. He’ll be joining us to talk more about his new book Make It Now! and his decision to reveal more about his process.
Nelly Ben Hayoun is hard to define: experience designer, director, research, and now founder of avant-garde educational institution University of the Underground. Nelly will be explaining the initiative, a free masters course with an incredible roster of tutors and a truly unique curriculum, and its importance now.
- Luis Alberto Rodriguez photographs use contorted and twisted limbs to express emotion
- Season Zine's Felicia Pennant on how the publication puts female football fans first
- Record label Melody as Truth is carving out a woozy, spacey audio-visual niche
- “Create a flag that represents your own Island” – The amazing entries from the #MyIslandFlag Insta brief
- We ask Nadine Redlich, Wieden+Kennedy and more to visualise their highlights of the World Cup
- Friday Mixtape: Caterina Bianchini's mix to listen to "In your pants! On the bus! Walking! Running!"
- Photographer Jack Johnstone's dreamy images are so soft they're almost otherworldly
- “Unporn” is the photo stock collection for those suggestive, naughty moments
- KangHee Kim's images are as satisfying to create as they are to look at
- Penguin unveils striking series of redesigned Jack Kerouac books
- Veteran designer Sir Kenneth Grange has reconfigured the pint glass
- Sophy Hollington’s striking tarot deck combines mysticism with a glam-punk contemporary twist