Josh McKenna’s illustrations are those you will undoubtedly recognise. Commissioned by both Google and Instagram this year, Josh’s celebratory illustrations of “what it’s like to be gay” for Pride have been one of the most shareable hits of 2017. Largely down to his illustration skill and due to his ability to represent “fun and sassy” characteristics, “but cover sensitive topics as well”.
Talking through his sticker set for Google, followed by a sticker for Instagram on the same subject in June, at Nicer Tuesdays Josh gave insight to the back and forth with clients, (speedos are “too risqué to approve by the way”) and how the finished results have been shared all over the world. Due to such demand, his Instagram sticker is now a permanent fixture on the app.
- Graphic designer Angharad Hengyu Owen on textual shapes and wandering poems
- Chase Middleton’s candid, bizarre and compelling photographs of strangers
- Illustrator Marie Jacotey on depicting emotions we daren’t talk about
- Humans’ impact on Earth inspired Bleed’s custom typefaces for Anthopros
- Girls! Illustrator Martina Paukova opens her first major show in London
- OOF magazine explores the world of art and football
- Nike’s latest ad features 258 young Londoners proving that “Nothing Beats a Londoner”
- Monument Valley designer Ken Wong releases interactive comic mobile game, Florence
- Meet graphic designer Jonathan Isaacson and his hybrid portfolio
- Artist claims Kendrick Lamar video for Black Panther song used her work without permission
- Bureau Bertrand Clément’s portfolio represents the importance of playful graphic design
- Official portraits of Barack and Michelle Obama have been unveiled