Josh McKenna’s illustrations are those you will undoubtedly recognise. Commissioned by both Google and Instagram this year, Josh’s celebratory illustrations of “what it’s like to be gay” for Pride have been one of the most shareable hits of 2017. Largely down to his illustration skill and due to his ability to represent “fun and sassy” characteristics, “but cover sensitive topics as well”.
Talking through his sticker set for Google, followed by a sticker for Instagram on the same subject in June, at Nicer Tuesdays Josh gave insight to the back and forth with clients, (speedos are “too risqué to approve by the way”) and how the finished results have been shared all over the world. Due to such demand, his Instagram sticker is now a permanent fixture on the app.
- Malika Favre talks about studying engineering, her first job and tight deadlines from The New Yorker
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs their mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner