As well as providing you with a platform upon which to lurk the new girlfriends of boyfriends past, pretend your life is better than it actually is, and make fun of old classmates who are now obese, Facebook is also a place to find corkingly good magazine content. When illustrator extraordinaire Rose Blake posted a photo of her and her dad Peter chilling out in front of one of his paintings, we asked Rose if she had any more where that came from.
Turns out her mum Chrissy Blake has got a sharp eye for a Kodak Moment and has documented Rose and Peter’s relationship since Rose was but a wee nipper. Here’s a sneak preview of some of the hilarious, charming and rather sweet photographs from the Blake family album. If you want to see more you’ll just have to buy the latest issue of Printed Pages, won’t you?
- Ioanna Sakellaraki explores Greece’s last professional mourners and their rituals around death
- Catalog Press is questioning what a book can be (and maybe it's made of cheese)
- Floriane Rousselot's digital platform Typelab supports and champions the work of young designers
- Photographer Theo Cottle tries to “keep an element of truth” in everything he shoots
- “Stay simple and playful”: Arnaud Aubry talks to us about making his fun and charming work
- Théophile Bartz on his fantastically hypnotic illustrations
- Led By Donkeys is crowdfunding £50,000 for “honest” No Deal Brexit ad campaign
- Taschen’s recent release celebrates “the greatest cat photographer of the 20th Century”
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!
- Suzy Chan’s portfolio boasts original graphic design, animation, typography and so much more
- Stefanie Tam’s graphic design grounds conceptual thinking in compelling visuals
- The Advertising Standards Authority has banned its first ads for “harmful” gender stereotyping