Beyonce’s pretty good at the whole behind-the-scenes blogging thing, posting up candid snapshots that make you melt inside (sorry cynical people) like this one which is currently my desktop wallpaper. Well if you like that, you are going to absolutely wet your pants over dark horse Solange’s Tumblr entitled My Damn Blog.
Solange is Beyonce’s lil sis, and in between writing and performing some of the most chilled out, tropical songs the chart has seen since Wayne Wonder’s No Letting Go, she spends her time hanging out in the sunshine with what looks like a whole bunch of seriously cool arty people, plus Bey’s crew of course. Her photos are not taken on a complimentary smart phone by an enthusiastic assistant with a penchant for filters, oh no: Solange shoots these photos on film, and as you can see, she’s rather good at it. Check out the ones of Beyonce chilling out in the desert drinking beer with her sisters. Man I love that.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum