In an age where the term ‘lo-fi’ all too often gives a reputable excuse to produce a below-par piece of work, (especially when it comes to bands making their own music videos) you are about to be graced by an absolute blinder. So, before tuning into Aussie band Pond’s single Moth Wings I wasn’t paying much attention, expecting the usual rump through fuzzy iPhone hipsters at cooler-than-me parties. How wrong could I have been?
The video is the definition of a how lo-fi should be done – tonnes of humour, loads of vigor and accompanying a stellar track. Oh, and where else could you see Otto from the Simpson’s, Batman, a talking lemon AND Clint Eastwood all starring in the same film? Exactly.
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled