In an age where the term ‘lo-fi’ all too often gives a reputable excuse to produce a below-par piece of work, (especially when it comes to bands making their own music videos) you are about to be graced by an absolute blinder. So, before tuning into Aussie band Pond’s single Moth Wings I wasn’t paying much attention, expecting the usual rump through fuzzy iPhone hipsters at cooler-than-me parties. How wrong could I have been?
The video is the definition of a how lo-fi should be done – tonnes of humour, loads of vigor and accompanying a stellar track. Oh, and where else could you see Otto from the Simpson’s, Batman, a talking lemon AND Clint Eastwood all starring in the same film? Exactly.
- The Adobe MAX Creativity Tour shed light on how to creatively empower ourselves
- “We want to challenge and disturb the audience”: meet graphic design studio Alliage
- Abang’s illustrations of 15 women aim to reveal her true self
- Sepia-infused and cinematic, Sam Nixon turns his lens on the stories of the world
- Here are our most inspiring, moving, honest, funny, memorable moments from Nicer Tuesdays 2019
- Somnath Bhatt compiles a series of charming pixelated drawings for his new book, Ode
- Pentagram rebrands Warner Bros. with a “sleek and clean” update to its shield logo
- Manchester Girls, the new series from Dean Davies, is a visual homage to the women of the north
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Viktor Hübner photographs American anxieties amongst a shifting political environment
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- Berlin Wall graffiti is made into a typeface to warn how "division is freedom's biggest threat"