Quentin’s Tumblr portfolio of his photographic work reveals a few key things about him that we wouldn’t otherwise have necessarily known. A) He is French, or hangs around in France a lot. B) He has a lot of model friends and ): He seems to have a kind of obsession with the insides of people’s houses, and how they adorn them. Option C is, for me, the most intriguing as he’s basically pandering to the visual needs of all of the people who admit to themselves (vocally or not) that their guilty pleasure is seeing inside people’s homes and, let’s be honest, judging them.
Now Quentin doesn’t seem like the judging type, he just seems to appreciate knick-knacks, and he seems to visit a lot of beautiful, French friends who have particularly good and interesting knick-knacks. So for that reason, he’s terrific. Scroll down for a nose around, then go to his website and have a good old poke about there as well.
- Cleon Peterson's works continue to investigate the evil side of humanity
- Winsor & Newton lifts the lid on the secret tricks of every artist's trade
- Calypso Mahieu’s photography makes the simplest things sexy (some NSFW)
- Foster Huntington’s stop-motion short of an 80s Californian skate off
- Dax Norman’s weird and wobbly animations with “cigarettes and eyeballs a plenty”
- Photographer Evija Laivina explores the ridiculous reality of the beauty industry
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled