Cool London exhibitions are like buses – someone will often be eating fried chicken a few feet away from you. No, wait, they’re like buses because you wait for one and then several come along at once, as proved this week when east London witnesses the unveiling of more great shows than you can shake a tepid bottle of beer at. One of the most anticipated must be Ryan Todd’s new exhibition at Kemistry Gallery, which boasts maybe the best title of 2013 thus far – No Fun Intended.
Of course Ryan is being a scamp and his work is as bold, bright and witty as ever – reflecting a creative at the very top of his game. He also whetted our collective whistle with the charming teaser trailer below – see you there yeah?
No Fun Intended runs June 6 until June 29.
- Malika Favre talks about studying engineering, her first job and tight deadlines from The New Yorker
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs his mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner