As marketing hooks go it’s a humdinger – Samsung are so convinced that their new NX1000 camera can turn anyone into a world-class photographer that they’ve launched an unusual hunt to prove it. Their team is on the look out for 200 namesakes of iconic photo legend David Bailey from across the UK to take part in a host of photography projects and the results will then be displayed on the brand’s Facebook page.
All the David Baileys signed up to get a free Samsung camera and a bit of payback for years of having to follow up their names with the phrase “Not that one.”
If your name is David Bailey you can apply via the Facebook page.
This article was produced in association with Samsung.
- Mariana Malhão's illustrations depict "a world inside a world"
- Max Siedentopf offers silly but significant advice in his latest series, Instructions for World Peace
- XZY explores the “visual alchemies of the phenomenon fake" in its debut issue
- Steven Bliss' distant yet familiar series, Boys
- Friday Mixtape: Shopping pick a mix of bands to be excited to be about
- Illustrator Cécile Dormeau on body diversity and defying convention
- The Guardian unveils redesign across print and online
- Aron Klein's captivating images of the Bulgarian demon chasers
- The rebrand for Russia’s tourist board uses Suprematist geometry laid out as a map
- Compare your selfies to fine art through the Google Arts and Culture app’s newest feature
- Coca-Cola reveals custom typeface, TCCC Unity, inspired by its modernist heritage
- Graphic designer Bryan Rivera references mistakes and imperfections in his portfolio