As marketing hooks go it’s a humdinger – Samsung are so convinced that their new NX1000 camera can turn anyone into a world-class photographer that they’ve launched an unusual hunt to prove it. Their team is on the look out for 200 namesakes of iconic photo legend David Bailey from across the UK to take part in a host of photography projects and the results will then be displayed on the brand’s Facebook page.
All the David Baileys signed up to get a free Samsung camera and a bit of payback for years of having to follow up their names with the phrase “Not that one.”
If your name is David Bailey you can apply via the Facebook page.
This article was produced in association with Samsung.
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Bake Off, legalising weed and Fanta's redesign: highlights from March 2017
- Vogue's new editor and a typeface for pride: a look back at April 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme