As marketing hooks go it’s a humdinger – Samsung are so convinced that their new NX1000 camera can turn anyone into a world-class photographer that they’ve launched an unusual hunt to prove it. Their team is on the look out for 200 namesakes of iconic photo legend David Bailey from across the UK to take part in a host of photography projects and the results will then be displayed on the brand’s Facebook page.
All the David Baileys signed up to get a free Samsung camera and a bit of payback for years of having to follow up their names with the phrase “Not that one.”
If your name is David Bailey you can apply via the Facebook page.
This article was produced in association with Samsung.
- Malika Favre talks about studying engineering, her first job and tight deadlines from The New Yorker
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs their mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner