As marketing hooks go it’s a humdinger – Samsung are so convinced that their new NX1000 camera can turn anyone into a world-class photographer that they’ve launched an unusual hunt to prove it. Their team is on the look out for 200 namesakes of iconic photo legend David Bailey from across the UK to take part in a host of photography projects and the results will then be displayed on the brand’s Facebook page.
All the David Baileys signed up to get a free Samsung camera and a bit of payback for years of having to follow up their names with the phrase “Not that one.”
If your name is David Bailey you can apply via the Facebook page.
This article was produced in association with Samsung.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum