“Can I put this in your pocket?…You have really nice handwriting…Can you pass me that blanket?…Can I steal one of your fries?” These are just a few quotes taken from the 800 or so Tweets compiled by Kyle Humphries and Graydon Sheppard under the Twitter handle Shit Girls Say.
Today, over a year and 1.5million followers later, Kyle and Graydon have made a world-famous video (starring Juliette Lewis) and now a book of undeniably hilarious girl-isms. If you are a girl, ever known a girl, or have ever heard a girl speaking on her phone, there’s a good chance you may find this as witty and “Oh my god that’s so true!” as the rest of the world. Could this book be the perfect Christmas present? Perhaps. Pick up a copy at good old KK Outlet where they are also currently displaying an accompanying exhibition.
- R Kikuo Johnson on the importance of narrative in his illustrations
- Miguel Pang’s hand-drawn approach adds texture and depth to his illustrations
- Córdova Canillas commission photographers to create a spot the difference illusion for Tunica
- Pictoplasma New York showed how character design can spread joy and important messages
- Lalita Lupina animates the inner turmoil and anxiety felt at an indoor swimming pool
- Meet illustrator Inji Seo's cast of curvy characters
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner