Illustrator and designer Stina Löfgren’s series of instructional drawings for the Swedish Municipal Workers Union, Kommunal illustrates the heavy lifting involved when working as a nurse. In a series of gifs Stina conveys the correct actions for “brutal grocery step-ups,” “extreme sheet pulling” and “deep squat assistance,” amongst other informative bends. Her precise line-work allows the details of the communication to be portrayed through the character’s actions, and as well as their instructional value, each gif has a nice dose of humour to it through the maintained blank expression and awkward repetitive steps.
Stina has illustrated for The New York Times Book Review , Form Magazine , Lobby and the craft magazine Hemslöjd as well as exhibiting her personal practice.
- Illustrator Katy Stubbs on moulding her dishy stories out of clay
- Tom Noon on his musical, spontaneous and illustrative approach to graphic design
- Nazif Lopulissa rethinks the shapes and forms of the children’s playground
- Egg is an animation about attempting – and failing – to take control of something you are afraid of
- Why creatives should take the election advantage
- Adrienne Law on making something digital feel physical
- “We want to challenge and disturb the audience”: meet graphic design studio Alliage
- Matt Willey leaves The New York Times Magazine and joins Pentagram
- Ikki Kobayashi’s new series investigates the tension between shapes and negative space
- “Perfectly beautiful things don’t attract me”: Heesun Seo on her nontraditional practice
- The Pantone Colour of the Year 2020 makes a statement about peace and communication
- Moleskine’s digital notebook and a visual inventory of Earth win Apple's Apps of the Year