Illustrator and designer Stina Löfgren’s series of instructional drawings for the Swedish Municipal Workers Union, Kommunal illustrates the heavy lifting involved when working as a nurse. In a series of gifs Stina conveys the correct actions for “brutal grocery step-ups,” “extreme sheet pulling” and “deep squat assistance,” amongst other informative bends. Her precise line-work allows the details of the communication to be portrayed through the character’s actions, and as well as their instructional value, each gif has a nice dose of humour to it through the maintained blank expression and awkward repetitive steps.
Stina has illustrated for The New York Times Book Review , Form Magazine , Lobby and the craft magazine Hemslöjd as well as exhibiting her personal practice.
- Director Angela Stephenson documents Manila's defiance for creative freedom in the narco-state
- Friday Mixtape: Anthony Naples takes us from the party to the after party
- Yung Hua Chen’s photography is effortlessly glamorous
- Graphic design studio Julia on ten years of synthesising ideas to graphic symbols
- Photographer Tyler Mitchell talks us through a momentous year in his career
- Francesca Allen on using photography as a means of self-expression
- Alex Gamsu Jenkins’ comics remind us of how gross we really are
- Pop culture powerhouse Bryan Rivera's 2018 in graphic design
- Don't worry, be angry: how politics and creativity collided in 2018
- Vice magazine's creative team talks us through its new and unexpectedly different redesign
- DIA channels NYC and gives Squarespace its signature kinetic treatment in brand refresh
- London Art Fair gets an abstract and textural rebrand for 2019