Hello and welcome to Studio Audience, the It’s Nice That podcast. This week the host is Liv Siddall and she’s joined by Maisie Skidmore and James Cartwright – The Triad. Wherever you listen to us, on the bus, the toilet or a whim, we hope you enjoy our cultural chit chat. You can listen via the SoundCloud below or subscribe via iTunes over here.
Did you know that Kim Kardashian is releasing a book containing 352 selfies? True. Rizzoli are publishing it and we don’t know what to think. Also this article on It’s Nice That about Lucy Hilmer and her annual snaps went crazy over the weekend, getting over 55,000 page views on It’s Nice That – woah! After the ever-catchy jingle we then discussed the Tate Robots and the controversial new cover for Roald Dahl classic Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Penguin. Feel free to join in the heated debate in the comments section below!
Best things we’ve seen all week? Sure, Liv’s was this _incredible) archive of newspapers on Google, James chose a beautiful edition of The Man In The High Castle by Philip K. Dick illustrated by Cleon Peterson, and Maisie recommended this brilliant interview with Tavi Gevinson in New York Magazine. Enjoy!
- Symbols of freedom "and the struggle for it": a look at the Polish School of Posters
- Soft and pastel-hued, Coline Marotta’s paintings draw from our relationship with tech
- Fyre Festival’s digital designer Tokyo tells its story, two years on
- Jump Ball celebrates the relationship between basketball and the African diaspora
- Stephen Milner’s new series re-contextualises surfing and porn mags through collage
- How Amanda Bonaiuto’s animation for Chocolate Moon turned into a piece of personal reflection
- "I felt I saw the world with different eyes": Jaimy Gail on photographing the concept of normalcy
- Let Salvador Dalí tell your future in a new edition of tarot cards
- Book of Roy: Neil Drabble photographs an American teenager over the course of eight years
- Greta Grotesk is a typeface in homage to the teenage activist’s handwriting
- Double Click October is all about the humble portfolio site
- Graphic Design is Mental: Tips for looking after your state of mind as a designer