Welcome! Welcome to the podcast we make weekly for your enjoyment. Yep, we put our blood sweat and tears into sitting around and chewing the fat so that you can just listen to us while you sit on the train and be totally “in the know” about all things art and design. We don’t just talk about art and design actually, we sometimes cover British folklore or, more commonly, how James used to be a goth.
You can listen via the SoundCloud below or subscribe via iTunes over here.
This week we started by debating the rumours of London Fashion Week gradually opening its doors to the baying public. Designers Meadham Kirchoff have announced an open casting call for their Spring/Summer 2015 show, and this article over on i-D argues that anyone should be allowed to go. What do you think?
We then chatted about the very well-designed and exciting new Wired.co.uk which launched this week. We chatted to editor Nate Lanxon about the project which you can read over here. If you want to see the brand spanking new website then you can just go over here.
After the break James led us into talk about the brand new issue of Printed Pages which is available very soon. We all agree it’s our favourite cover so far, and the content is pretty swish as well. In this issue we have Teal Triggs, Olafur Eliasson, Simon Hanselmann, Mike Perry and many, many more. Read a bit more about that over here and then go and buy one on Tuesday so you don’t look behind the times when everyone else has one. Got it?
- From documentaries to exhibition design via portraiture and painting, relive June’s Nicer Tuesdays
- Useless is a website mapping out the UK’s zero-waste network
- Material Literacy: Why we need to rethink language to survive the climate crisis
- Welcome to Response and Responsibility, a look at creativity and climate change
- Maurizio Di Iorio tricks the eye with his illusory photography
- With “personality and warmth”, Laura McCluskey turns her lens to those around her
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!