This week we chat Snowden’s bust, the Cortana ad, Frank Ocean’s magazine, and a viral campaign in response to Apple’s Shot on an iPhone 6 ads. In section two we discuss the cringeworthy brilliance of band merchandise, and whether or not musical memorabilia can be referred to as artworks. My guests today are art director of INT Works Rob Peart, and Printed Pages editor James Cartwright. What lovely men. As ever get in touch if you hate it or love it, or just think it’s alright. See you next week!
You can listen using the SoundCloud widget below or why not subscribe via iTunes here
- Brr it’s cold in here, it must be Best of the Web in the atmosphere!
- Is it real, or is it not? Mirror Mirror's identity for Integrated 2017
- Alex Moy’s animation explores where our minds drift off to when we’re distracted
- Friday Mixtape: Jake Chapman’s band, Funhole
- Islena Neira’s halftone animation depicts a sleepless night
- Hezin O’s charmingly illustrated 2018 calendar inspired by A-Z cards for children
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Renowned graphic designer Ivan Chermayeff has died aged 85
- Marina Lewandowska’s graduation project shows graphic design flair and function
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Photographer Ivar Wigan on his new collaboration with larrydavid420
- Loud, vibrant, evocative: Paul Gorman tells The Story of The Face