This week’s podcast is brought to you by fans of the less is more theory; there are only three of us dissecting some of the week’s art and design tidbits but we hope what we lack in quantity of guests we more than make up for in quality. So join us for 23 minutes of creative chit-chat; we promise you won’t regret it. I mean you might, but that’d probably be on you, yeah? You can listen using the SoundCloud embed below or why not subscribe via iTunes here. As ever you can also leave a comment using the discussion thread below.
This week we kicked off by looking at April Fools’ Day gags such as the one above from The Stack, and mentioned our very own mice-based offering. We then moved on to discuss the new Unit Editions book celebrating corporate design manuals of yesteryear, and discussed the new Snickers ad (below). Finally we touched on the launch of the London TV station London Live, which had some pretty brutal reviews.
- “We will fight on the battlefield!”: A day in the office of Studio O.OO
- This is Antwerp: why you'll want to visit Europe's most atypical city
- A glimpse inside FKA twigs’ year-long pole-performance training schedule
- Graphics studio Brest Brest Brest injects some silliness into French cultural institutions
- Enter the saccharine lunacy of Becky and Joe’s idents for Trolli sweets
- AI personality consultant to digital matte painter: The creative jobs you didn’t know existed
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!