Most weeks there’s a moment while we’re recording the podcast when someone says something we assume will be edited out in the final reckoning. More often than not though, listening back it feels like it would be criminal to cut out these bits, and so once again we present 24 minutes of art and design discussion, warts and all. You can listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
We kicked off the pod this week discussing Tracey Emin after a big interview with the controversial artists in TimeOut (for which she also drew the cover). Jonathan Jones’ stinging riposte in The Guardian was also chewed over. We moved on to mention ZEIT Magazin’s new English-language version and spent some time picking over the announcement that Hyundai had signed an 11-year deal to sponsor Tate Modern’s Turbine Hall installations. Finally we feted this incredible online oral history resource featuring interviews with some of British science’s foremost figures.
- “We will fight on the battlefield!”: A day in the office of Studio O.OO
- This is Antwerp: why you'll want to visit Europe's most atypical city
- A glimpse inside FKA twigs’ year-long pole-performance training schedule
- Graphics studio Brest Brest Brest injects some silliness into French cultural institutions
- Enter the saccharine lunacy of Becky and Joe’s idents for Trolli sweets
- AI personality consultant to digital matte painter: The creative jobs you didn’t know existed
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!