Knock, knock. Who’s There. Studio Audience, the It’s Nice That podcast. That makes no sense. You aren’t tangible. You don’t have hands. You couldn’t knock on a door. The best you could hope for would be for someone to play you under said door and hope the person inside hears. Even then they wouldn’t say who’s there. Idiot. Hands or not, enjoy this week’s offering…
In the first section we discussed why the weird and wonderful Jim’ll Paint It has won so many admirers, looked at a massive new design library in South Korea with an unfortunate catch, asked whether innocent’s hard-fought creative reputation could suffer as Coca Cola takes over the majority of the smoothie company, considered why the brilliant Trendy Design Generator had struck such a chord with graphic designers everywhere and looked briefly at Design Indaba’s stellar line-up.
First up in section two we looked at Wieden + Kennedy’s advert for Three (above) featuring a moonwlaking pony that has taken the internet by viral storm, even winning glowing reviews from Creative Review’s notoriously hard-to-please commenters. But of course like night follows day for every successful viral there are any number of spoofs quick to spring up (below).
- Victor Fonseca treats his graphic design practice like a “playground”
- Photographer Jack Latham investigates the hidden conspiracies of Bohemian Grove
- Stella Park’s warm illustrations reflect her outlook on life
- Ugly beauty and challenging established norms feature in Jade Palace's collaboration with Yat Pit
- Astrid Seme elevates an artist’s work by challenging it through the lens of design
- Elizabeth Hibbard’s unsettling photographs examine subjective experience with a visceral gaze
- New study claims to pinpoint the most creative time of day, down to the minute
- Singapore-based studio Swell explores the idea of the banished book
- "My little niece and my grandmother like the game equally": how Playables made the simply addictive Kids
- In being "open to possibilities" still life painter Duane Keiser paints the everyday joys of life
- What the cluck? KFC releases limited-edition bucket hat
- For Bizzarri-Rodriguez, book design “is everything except a science”