Knock, knock. Who’s There. Studio Audience, the It’s Nice That podcast. That makes no sense. You aren’t tangible. You don’t have hands. You couldn’t knock on a door. The best you could hope for would be for someone to play you under said door and hope the person inside hears. Even then they wouldn’t say who’s there. Idiot. Hands or not, enjoy this week’s offering…
In the first section we discussed why the weird and wonderful Jim’ll Paint It has won so many admirers, looked at a massive new design library in South Korea with an unfortunate catch, asked whether innocent’s hard-fought creative reputation could suffer as Coca Cola takes over the majority of the smoothie company, considered why the brilliant Trendy Design Generator had struck such a chord with graphic designers everywhere and looked briefly at Design Indaba’s stellar line-up.
First up in section two we looked at Wieden + Kennedy’s advert for Three (above) featuring a moonwlaking pony that has taken the internet by viral storm, even winning glowing reviews from Creative Review’s notoriously hard-to-please commenters. But of course like night follows day for every successful viral there are any number of spoofs quick to spring up (below).
- Symbols of freedom "and the struggle for it": a look at the Polish School of Posters
- Soft and pastel-hued, Coline Marotta’s paintings draw from our relationship with tech
- Fyre Festival’s digital designer Tokyo tells its story, two years on
- Jump Ball celebrates the relationship between basketball and the African diaspora
- Stephen Milner’s new series re-contextualises surfing and porn mags through collage
- How Amanda Bonaiuto’s animation for Chocolate Moon turned into a piece of personal reflection
- "I felt I saw the world with different eyes": Jaimy Gail on photographing the concept of normalcy
- Let Salvador Dalí tell your future in a new edition of tarot cards
- Book of Roy: Neil Drabble photographs an American teenager over the course of eight years
- Greta Grotesk is a typeface in homage to the teenage activist’s handwriting
- Double Click October is all about the humble portfolio site
- Graphic Design is Mental: Tips for looking after your state of mind as a designer