Director, animator and illustrator Benjy Brooke has just released 2D animation Power Hungry via Super Deluxe’s Youtube channel. The short was designed, directed and animated by Benjy over five months, with sound design and music by Kenny Kusiak.
The short was based on a series of webcomics Benjy posted on Tumblr in 2015. As Benjy told It’s Nice That, Power Hungry is “a post-apocalyptic sci-fi adventure about self-driving electric cars, nomadic robots, sunburnt mutants, and toys.”
“The idea formed after I moved to upstate NY and started regularly driving long distances, jacking up my carbon footprint,” he explains. “I imagine that we’ll all eventually transition to solar powered electric cars, but maybe not before the complete desertification of the planet.”
Power Hungry is the latest in a run of brilliant work by Benjy, including projects for Converse and Major Lazer.
- James Bannister breaks down Las Vegas’ facade of success and glamour in What Makes Grass Grow In the Desert
- Daniel Fletcher uses a playful spirit to represent the excitements and anxieties of daily life
- Brian Finke captures the contrasts in pasta production in five different cities in Italy
- Carnovsky illustrates the human body under X-ray using RGB illustration technique
- Chris Ullens directs charming stop-motion music video for Rex Orange County
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity