For the past few years one of the highlights of the London Design Festival has been Tom Dixon’s Portobello destination The Dock bringing together not only new work from one of the godfathers of the UK design scene, but also interesting and unusual collaborators.
This year the studio is unveiling its stylish new Lustre range of stoneware lights – expect to see them in every trendy restaurant by the end of the year – as well as a new accessories collection. Eclectic is described as " a miscellany of useful and decorative artefacts and curiosities formed of honest, resilient and heavyweight materials, including copper, marble, cast aluminium and wood."
From candles to champagne buckets, money boxes to nut crackers this is a really interesting example of a hugely respected and recognisable brand exploring new products within its signature style and serious design savvy. And if you say you’ve seen abetter copper brogue, you’re lying!
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum