For all the intensity, the stress, the late-nights and the agonising decisions that go into any creative process the end result can sometimes feel a little low-key, barely hinting at the endeavour that has been poured into it.
Not so with Universal Everything whose digital brilliance is more often than not displayed large, loud and proud. Matt Pyke’s latest updates include dazzling visuals for Coldplay’s 2011 Glastonbury slot and subsequent world tour, two pieces for Air France to be screened on Airbus A380s and seven works for the Jean Nouvel-designed Excelsior store in Milan.
“The store is situated in the heart of Milan with LED screens encompassing every floor,” UE explain. “Our digital artworks flow in and out of the internal structure and sync between the floors to create a dynamic visual canvas.”
Combining technological wizadry, flawless visuals and inspiring ambition it’s clear that this already brilliant studio is on a particular hot streak.
Universal Everything: Fuzzyman Visuals for Coldplay World Tour
Universal Everything: Excelsior Milan installation
Universal Everything: AirFrance installations
- Dennis Church’s 12-year project sees him capture the visual noise of America’s streets
- Hudson Christie’s illustration trickery uses depth to create textured, flat pieces
- A rare interview with enigmatic and cherished photographer, Nguan
- Karen Asher photographs the people and happenings of Winnipeg, Canada
- Nieves founder Benjamin Sommerhalder shares his passion for books and zines
- Meet the speakers: Dougal Wilson, Ewen Spencer, GraphicDesign& and Gal-dem
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner