The phrase “human brain” has never been more apt than in describing this simply stunning publicity shot created by We Are Pi for TEDxAmsterdam later this month. Taking the event’s theme of “human nature,” this brain is built using 48 dancers from The Dutch National Ballet and Nova Dance College, with input from iconic actor Rutger Hauer and a host of other Dutch creatives. The end result is funny, simple and massively effective – click through to watch the film and see some behind-the-scenes images.
Alex Bennett-Grant of We Are Pi said: “TEDx Amsterdam didn’t come to us for an advertising campaign, they came to us with a brief to unite the nation over ideas worth doing. We decided to make every aspect of the project reflect that challenge, from the concept of making brains from humans, to the epic collaboration needed to pull it all off.”
- Andrew Onorato’s surreal short about a genie and his eggy housemates
- Parts of the Process — Gucci suits, puppies and blue-iced cupcakes: Behind the scenes of Us’ music video for Harry Styles
- Eike König’s students create a courageous calendar featuring a host of exciting illustrative talent
- How can we build “feel good” cities?
- Dani Pujalte captures Spain's immense cultural centres suffering from a lack of use
- Photographer Irina Rozovsky on how she captures considered moments across the globe
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Renowned graphic designer Ivan Chermayeff has died aged 85
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Marina Lewandowska’s graduation project shows graphic design flair and function
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Working Not Working charts the top 50 companies creatives want to work for