So here we are, another year of weekly music videos passes, and it’d be rude not to finish on a stone-cold classic. Last year I got away with posting Bowie and Bing’s beauty and this year I’ve Whammed up the cheesy Yuletide warmth with Last Christmas.
Hazyily shot ski-resort frolics laced with a love story of equally misty merits make this four minutes of true joy, but if you’ve stayed with me long enough to read this, you shall be rewarded with the knowledge that at three minutes five seconds our beloved George Michael takes a hefty (and most importantly) definitely unscripted fall in the snow that has always made this one of my all-time faves. Enjoy!
- Hick Duarte uses his camera to document the plurality of Brazilian youth culture
- Fhuiae Kim explores “the third language” in her calming graphic design works
- Folch designs a typeface embodying the “energetic universe” of acid house
- Illustrator Michael McGregor turns the mundane into something extraordinary
- All together now: Pascale Claude compiles a visual history of the beloved footie record
- “Part-animal, part-household object”: Frédérique Rusch on her wonderfully cryptic illustrations
- “We want to challenge and disturb the audience”: meet graphic design studio Alliage
- Matt Willey leaves The New York Times Magazine and joins Pentagram
- Ikki Kobayashi’s new series investigates the tension between shapes and negative space
- “Perfectly beautiful things don’t attract me”: Heesun Seo on her nontraditional practice
- The Pantone Colour of the Year 2020 makes a statement about peace and communication
- Moleskine’s digital notebook and a visual inventory of Earth win Apple's Apps of the Year